$70K - $90K
Terms and Conditions
Lead Accountant is responsible for business reporting, general & cost
accounting activities to analyze, reconcile, and control business processes.
The incumbent will conduct analysis and take necessary action to
enhance processes for improving profitability, efficiency, and effectiveness. This
position focuses on the continuous improvement of closing the books, complying
with rules and regulations, completing account reconciliations, reporting, and
partnering with operations personnel to drive financial results.
- Perform cost accounting activities including cost reviews, pricing analysis, margin and cost ratio analysis, inventory control, variance analysis, etc.
- Provide reporting and analysis for manufacturing activity including productivity, capital & department spending, forecasting, budgeting, absorption, sales, inventory and operations planning, etc.
- Lead the financial closing process.
- Review business activity and accounts to support accurate and timely submission of financial statements to Corporate.
- Participate in development of the annual operating plan.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts; prepare and analyze balance sheet risk and opportunities.
- Prepare and distribute managerial reports.
- Answer daily formal and informal questions from Corporate, Shared Services, and Business Unit personnel.
- Lead and execute process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- CPA, CMA, CPIM or active pursuit of certification strongly desired.
- ACCT Degree
- Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution or Operations exposure
- Prefers costing experience
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, internal controls, and ability to identify and resolve process control weaknesses [Finance Competency: Financial Processes and Systems Effectiveness]
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and/or other query tools including the ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions [Finance Competency: Financial Processes and Systems Effectiveness]
- Knowledge of manufacturing and distribution business vocabulary and common business processes to perform detailed reviews of procedures and systems and to make recommendations for improvement [Finance Competency: Business Impact]
- Ability to interpret and explain financial results to a non-financial audience [Finance Competency: Business Partnership]
- Ability to answer daily formal and informal questions from a broad audience independently, accurately, and timely [Leadership Competency: Creative Problem Solver]
- Develops broad technical and communication skills through extensive self-study, internal and external training opportunities [Leadership Competency: Achievement Driver]
- Provide advice and solutions by communicating and interacting extensively with personnel within the business including sales, engineering, procurement, project management, and manufacturing departments [Leadership Competency: Customer Advisor]
Job Box Report | Career Center, Find Positive News About Jobs, Careers, Job Searches
BACK TO THE JOB LIST