Terms and Conditions
Responsible for supporting the financial reporting function for the company and associated entities.
Key Accountabilities: Include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with preparation of periodic filings for 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K and standalone financial statements of private companies.
- Obtain, review and compile support for financial information within the periodic filings and private company reports.
- Assist with preparation of internal monthly consolidated financial package.
- Review financial information within presentations and press releases.
- Assist with accounting research, including assessment of new accounting standards on the financial statements and disclosures.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal requirements within the Financial Reporting Department.
- Work and communicate with various internal groups, including general accounting, budgeting and financial planning.
- Assist with providing accounting support to external auditors.
- Assist with the implementation of consolidated software package.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of XBRL.
- Assist with identifying process improvements, implementing changes and ensuring best practices.
- Support other special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other related discipline required.
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting, with experience in financial reporting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.
- Clarity FSR and Cognos systems knowledge is preferred, but not required.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Overtime required to meet internal deadlines
All employees at company should exhibit company’s values of being a Reliable, Safe, Environmentally Responsible, Low-Cost Provider, of showing and accepting Accountability, and being Entrepreneurial.
Company wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Company employees must display the following competencies to be successful:
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for decisions and how their decisions affect others.
- Safety/Environmental - Understands and enhances the safety of our employees, our customers and the public to protect the environment.
- Business Acumen - Understands the broader financial implications of one’s responsibilities and the link to the “bottom line” of Buckeye’s business.
- Communication and Feedback - Shares information effectively, in the appropriate timeframe, as well as effectively using listening skills when working with others.
- Diversity Awareness - Values and respects individual differences, while supporting an inclusive work environment.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Operates as if Company was his/her own company.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Organizes parts of a problem in a systematic and logical way in order to recognize relationships, identify alternative solutions, set priorities and make sound decisions that align with Company’s Key Values and Guiding Principles.
- Adaptability - Managing Change - Works efficiently in a constantly changing environment, demonstrating a willingness to learn, to take new and unique ideas, concepts, strategies, and approaches and apply them for positive results.
- Results Driven - Continually improves performance, approaching work in ways that support the accomplishment of results and meeting/exceeding company’s performance objectives.
- Technical Expertise - Effectively applies knowledge and skills within a particular area of expertise and keeps abreast of new knowledge and developments in one’s area of expertise and/or responsibility.
- Leadership - Values effort, teamwork, innovation and results.
- People Development - Develops others’ capabilities to empower them to reach their potential.
- Strategic Thinking - Links long range vision and concepts to dialing work integrating information to help focus the efforts of others and align goals with overall strategy.
- Visionary - Thinks creatively and devises plans for organizational activities, goals and priorities that with take company in the desired direction.
Competitive, 15% Bonus, No Travel
BACK TO THE JOB LIST