Terms and Conditions
The role of the Tax function is to continually optimize the Company's tax position, provide assurance that all tax requirements are met everywhere we operate and to provide a strategic tax planning service for all Group and Business activities. Our purpose is to comply with all legal requirements in the taxing jurisdictions in which the Group operates in a way that will optimize the Group's tax position.
To achieve this, we have a strategy to seek maximum efficiency in compliance activities while performing an assurance role, maintain active relationships with the Businesses to ensure that there is a mutual understanding of their operations and associated tax issues, and to work proactively to seek beneficial change or avoid detrimental change in tax legislation.
The U.S. International Tax Audit Specialist (ITA Specialist) will be responsible for written responses (IDRs) and oral communication with the IRS on matters concerning the IRS examination of the Company America consolidated federal tax return (which includes foreign informational returns such as Forms 5472 and 8858) and the returns of other related entities and partnerships. The role requires direct interface with the Company Tax Compliance Team, Company Tax Planners, Company Finance, Company business personnel and IRS personnel.
- Manage timely responses to IRS inquiries (IDRs), manage the relationship with the IRS and balance the utilization of Company resources with the demands of the audit.
- Factual and legal development of international tax issues and domestic tax issues as needed arising during audit.
- Articulation of Company positions relative to tax issues being raised or pursued by the IRS during the audit process.
- Prepare IDR responses that are accurate, clearly stating the facts and Company position on issues raised.
- Carry an inventory of IDRs
- Work with Company Tax Compliance Team, Company Tax Planners, Company Finance, and Company business personnel to obtain information that is responsive to IRS inquiries.
- Follow and apply the Company Code of conduct to the dealings and relationship with the IRS.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
Advance degree such as J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master’s in Taxation ?Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
More than 5 years of federal income tax experience in the International tax area.
- Minimum 5 years federal income tax experience, with knowledge of U.S. federal income tax laws and regulations as they relate to foreign tax matters, U.S. and non-U.S. oil and gas operations (both upstream and downstream), transactions, legal entity structures, and other areas of Company business.
- Knowledge of IRS audit procedures and processes through experience working on IRS audits.
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles and adjustments from IFRS to US GAAP to federal Tax accounting.
- Knowledge of federal income tax compliance process, including foreign informational returns (e.g., Forms 5472, 8858).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. ?Ability to fully articulate Company positions in front of the IRS.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Strong commitment to the achievement of safe, compliant and reliable operations.
- Strong commitment to a work environment of mutual trust and respect and where diversity and inclusion are valued ?- Strong interpersonal, influencing, listening, and collaboration skills.
- Robust organizational and time-management skills; a strong ability to prioritize competing projects and to multitask.
- Independent judgment, creativity, and initiative
Competitive Benefits, 30% Bonus, Relocation Support
BACK TO THE JOB LIST