Terms and Conditions
The Finance Function fulfills three key activities: to report financial and operational results, both internally and externally, with independence and integrity; to support business performance management and planning processes by using consistent data collection and reporting processes; and to integrate financial and commercial processes to enable end to end optimization. Finance also supports the development of annual and long term plans, strategies and performance management processes as well as provides economic analysis and Group Investment Assurance and Approval Process (GIAAPS) support for business opportunities, investments and other specific projects as needed.
Key tasks of the role will be:
• Company’s primary filing is under IFRS, but still prepares audited financials for Company America Inc. and Company Corporation North America Inc. Groups under US GAAP. In consultation with the Company America Controller, the US GAAP Policy Manager has ultimate accountability for the establishment and interpretation of policy under US GAAP
• To initiate, influence and recommend on the development of Group policy for new US GAAP accounting standards that affect the Segments and to promote their consistent application across the Function/businesses
• To embed existing Group policy with respect to US GAAP differences within relevant teams across the Segments and test the application thereof.
• To support the US External Reporting and other Segment control teams during the due diligence processes.
• To research and answer questions from controllers in the Segment on the application of US GAAP accounting policy in the Group Reporting Manual.
• To be the main interface between the Segments and the Group auditors on significant US GAAP policy matters.
• To support the Finance Faculty in developing and presenting US GAAP accounting policy training and supporting the delivery of the IFRS Group Accounting Policy course within NA and overseas as required.
• To support the statutory accounts process for US statutory accounts.
• To support Mergers & Acquisitions with policy issues on their projects when requested
• Key Interfaces
- OB&C External Reporting Function/Business teams 60%
- Mergers & Acquisitions transactional support 15%
- External Audit, Internal Audit 10%
• Undergraduate Degree from an accredited university
• Advanced Degree
• Accounting experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 company
• SEC Reporting Experience
• Knowledge of the Group consolidation system (ECCS) and SAP
• Expert in technical accounting for US GAAP and ideally a good working knowledge of IFRS
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Minimum 7 years progressive accounting experience
• Minimum 7 years’ experience providing preparation or audit of financial instruments accounting or/and annual financial statements (US GAAP or IFRS)
• Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
• Knowledge of application of US GAAP, financial consolidations, minority interests, joint ventures, and other ownership structures
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Solid communication skills
• Ability to articulate complex issues and influence others at various levels of the organization
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, inquisitive
• Strong impact, interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to coach, challenge, and influence effectively
• Good business judgment in handling potentially sensitive financial issues
• Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a track record of delivery in a project setting
Excellent Benefits, 20% Bonus
BACK TO THE JOB LIST