Terms and Conditions
The Manager in the Accounting Policy department will advise the Finance organization on technical accounting matters related to IFRS and US GAAP. With expertise in technical accounting matters, this professional will play an integral role in interacting with and assisting the Senior Finance Leadership team on technical accounting matters related to US GAAP and IFRS, such as issues related to mergers and acquisitions, corporate debt and equity offerings, and SEC financial reporting. This is a highly-visible position will develop and maintain close business relationships with various disciplines throughout the organization including commercial, finance, tax and legal.
- Carries out technical accounting research and interpretation of ambiguous and complex accounting literature to address technical accounting questions related to special projects.
- Assists the wider accounting organization with interpretation and application of technical accounting literature in the day to day normal course of business.
- Advises on all technical accounting matters related to US GAAP and IFRS in the context of, but not limited to, mergers and acquisitions, corporate debt and equity offerings, SEC financial reporting, financial instruments, joint ventures, derivatives, tax, pensions, asset impairments etc.
- Assists in the development of memoranda providing documentation of the Company's application of accounting principles to specific transactions or events.
- Participates in assessing the impact of proposed accounting pronouncements and regulations (SEC, FASB, EITF, etc.).
- Coordinates and effectively communicates with various departments throughout the company at all levels of the organization regarding accounting issues.
- Assists the Controller's organization with internal and external audits addressing any audit issues or questions related to the Company's position on any technical US GAAP, IFRS or SEC issues.
- Prepares and presents regular in house training updates on recent US GAAP, IFRS or SEC updates or pronouncements.
- Reviews all material contracts for determination and application of accounting implications, e.g. embedded derivatives, leases, embedded leases, the existence of variable interest entities etc.
- Prepares and or reviews Company statement of position and correspondence with the SEC.
- Good technical accounting knowledge with particular strength in such areas as mentioned above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate the principles and meaning of complex accounting literature to a broader audience
- Bachelor or advanced degree in accounting with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- CPA, auditing experience and Big 4 or other public accounting large company engagement experience required
- Must possess skill in and enthusiasm for research
- Must be able to articulate, present and debate arguments with peer and executive management
- Requires the ability to influence senior management on important and complex issues
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident).
Competitive Benefits, 25% Bonus
BACK TO THE JOB LIST